Jobs not showing in Director but they ARE running!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

data_whs_team
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jobs not showing in Director but they ARE running!

Post by data_whs_team »

I have a set of jobs that have been running in QA for over three weeks.

I had an issue this weekend, which I resolved, but now I cannot see ANY categories for jobs in Director for any project.

The weird thing is I know the jobs are running. I just can't see the logs in Director

I checked permissions in Administrator, looked at all the filters (show all), setttings, etc. in Director. Nothing.

Any ideas where else I could look? I did 'SELECT * FROM DS_JOBS' in administrator and sure enough, the jobs were there....and even in the right category!

Any help is appreciated.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Jobs can have a status of running when the process is killed abruptly like a power outage. You can recompile the jobs then most of the time this will fix the problem. If the jobs are truly running then you should not be able to compile them. There are more drastic measures you can take if you need to like clearing the status file but once again make sure the jobs are not running by looking at the processes on the system.

ps -ef
Mamu Kim
data_whs_team
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by data_whs_team »

My issue is that I can't see ANY jobs at all (compiled or not/running or not) in Designer or Director.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

DS.REINDEX DS_JOBS or DS.REINDEX ALL.
Make sure you have not open sessions. Proceed with full access.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
data_whs_team
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by data_whs_team »

kumar_s --> THANK YOU!!! It worked beautifully!!!!

So where does one go about finding out about all these commands to use in Administrator??

Again, many thanks!