DSR.ADMIN error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

psv
Participant

DSR.ADMIN error

Post by psv »

I have installed Datastage server using dsadm user.I do not know the password of this user.
I login to unix machine using unix user and then do /usr/local/bin/pbrun -u dsadm csh .Using this command i get logged to server as dsadm.
Now the real problem.

I tried to logon using unix id on Administrator.It shows following error.

Datastage REpository INterface
DSR.ADMIN.Failed to open file(other than access)-DEVELOPER

Record 54EDAA57-2899-402C-A395-7394E5DE46AD-<clientmachinename>:41907 on file 29 cannot be written

Access on this host has been temporarily restricted to Administrators only,until there is at least 1 project.

Please suggest possible solution.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Re: DSR.ADMIN error

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Have you read the install manual, chapter "Non root installtion"? Several advices are given there that must be followed to have a non root installation function properly.

Klaus
psv
Participant

Post by psv »

[quote="Klaus Schaefer"]Have you read the install manual, chapter "Non root installtion"? Several advices are given there that must be followed to have a non root installation function properly.

Klaus[/quote]

Yes I have read it and have installed Datastage server twice with non-root user.
I am having problem in the second installation, have not found perfect answer on this forum .THe last answer is re-install.
i want to do some troubleshooting instead of just reinstall.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Well, help is a bit difficult from remote ;-) but

- did the install run properly?
- did you get a project installed
- check the UNIX rights of the project files, they must a least be r/w/e for the group dsadm has as primary group.

I'd really think about a new install, maybe bes a root. root will only be used for running the install script itself. All further administration and configuration can then be done with dsadm user.

Best regards
Klaus