data load problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemant
Participant

data load problem

Post by hemant »

Hi,
I face a very exceptional problem ,
Job get finished and the log shows the data is loaded in the table , where as no data is loaded in the table .
Any how i have done some work around , but can any body help me to understand what had actually happened .

regards
HemantK
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

which database and what stage you are using to load the data
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

keshav0307 wrote:which database and what stage you are using to load the data

We are using ORACLE 9i and PX 7.5
prabu
Participant

Re: data load problem

Post by prabu »

hemant wrote:Hi,
Job get finished and the log shows the data is loaded in the table , where as no data is loaded in the table .
Any how i have done some work around , but can any body help me to understand what had actually happened .

regards
HemantK
did you try executing show performance statistics.

Any how i have done some work around
could you please share, what it is??

my guess is your input filters would have filtered everything out.could you paste your log message.
prabu
Participant

Re: data load problem

Post by prabu »

hemant wrote:Hi,

regards
HemantK
did you try executing show performance statistics.

Any how i have done some work around
could you please share, what it is??

my guess is your input filters would have filtered everything out.could you paste your log message.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Does the log show that the data got loaded or are you guessing that by looking at the link count?
Well, i guess all of your records are getting rejected due to one reason or another. Look into your log file.
OR
you are loading into one table and checking some other table.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

DSguru2B wrote:Does the log show that the data got loaded or are you guessing that by looking at the link count?
Well, i guess all of your records are getting rejected due to one reason or another. Look into your log file.
OR
I guess i work with open eyes :D anyways , how to see the log file here on PX cause in server we have an option to make a log file while load and see that log file when ever required.

The log been generated like -
Ora_BookingTarget,1: Records inserted: 148,819
Records used for update: 0
Records rejected: 0
Total records: 148819.

But no load of data in actual , no warning nothing and alos if i load the data from outside via insert query then it runs fine.

Hemant
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

hemant wrote:
DSguru2B wrote:Does the log show that the data got loaded or are you guessing that by looking at the link count?
OR
I guess i work with open eyes :D anyways , how to see the log file here on PX cause in server we have an option to make a log file while load and see that log file when ever required.

The log been generated like -
Ora_BookingTarget,1: Records inserted: 148,819
Records used for update: 0
Records rejected: 0
Total records: 148819.

But no load of data in actual , no warning nothing and alos if i load the data from outside via insert query then it runs fine.

Hemant

No Answer ????Well I need to know where in PX the log file is created?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

YOu can check the log files in the director. But if the message file shows that the data got loaded then make sure you are in the same environment, same database and same table.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
hemant
Participant

Post by hemant »

DSguru2B wrote:YOu can check the log files in the director. But if the message file shows that the data got loaded then make sure you are in the same environment, same database and same table.

I ' am on the same environment, same database and same table.
what next ??Its not the table problem also . Now apart from that what can be a probability?You have seen the log also ...

HemantK