insert/update

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kashif007
Premium Member
Premium Member

insert/update

Post by kashif007 »

hi guys

i have job to do. i dont know how am i suppose to do it. i have a job in which i have a sequatial file which has a file. now it load's the data to a teradata multiload. i have to modify that job into insert and update operation. splitting into two. means insert when when data not found and update when matching data found with updated values. did anyone did like this job.

please let me know. i shall be very greatfull to you. thank you.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

For the category of Insert/Update, you need to do a lookup on the target to find whether the data is New or Update.
So it can be a merely a lookup stage if the data can fit into memory or a join transformer, or CangeCapture stage.
Based on the flag, you an insert or update the data in different stream. You can check the database option for Teradata link Upsert.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
nishadkapadia
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nishadkapadia »

Hi,

Further to the suggested approach by kumar, one can choose an Upsert option within the Load category of Teradata Multiload. This is assuming that you need to do Insert/Update.