Problem while accessing an external application through ODBC

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

durgaps
Participant

Problem while accessing an external application through ODBC

Post by durgaps »

Hi,

I am trying to access an external application called HiPotfolio through ODBC. There is a frequently occuring problem. That is, sometimes the connection is proper and I am able to communicate through ODBC. But after one or two interactions, if I try connecting again then its not able to connect and gives diff. messages at diff. times like -

1. "Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[OpenAccess][OpenRDA ODBC]Connection exception - Client unable to establish connection - R-Open request failed : "

2. "Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[OpenAccess][OpenRDA ODBC]RDA error: Resource not available - Login failed - user name or password rejected[-2130706431] : "

Can anybody please help me on this? Or has anybody interacted with HiPortfolio using DataStage earlier?

Thanks in advance.
Durga Prasad
durgaps
Participant

Re: Problem while accessing an external application through

Post by durgaps »

durgaps wrote:Hi,

I am trying to access an external application called HiPotfolio through ODBC. There is a frequently occuring problem. That is, sometimes the connection is proper and I am able to communicate through ODBC. But after one or two interactions, if I try connecting again then its not able to connect and gives diff. messages at diff. times like -

1. "Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[OpenAccess][OpenRDA ODBC]Connection exception - Client unable to establish connection - R-Open request failed : "

2. "Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[OpenAccess][OpenRDA ODBC]RDA error: Resource not available - Login failed - user name or password rejected[-2130706431] : "

Can anybody please help me on this? Or has anybody interacted with HiPortfolio using DataStage earlier?

Thanks in advance.
Has anybody has faced problems on similar lines before this while interacting with any other external application thru' ODBC ?
Durga Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It appears that the previous connection might not be being closed properly. Does this environment have tracing tools? You could certainly switch on ODBC tracing to try to diagnose.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.