DB2 API DOUBLE THE RECORDS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nekkalapudi
Participant

DB2 API DOUBLE THE RECORDS

Post by nekkalapudi »

Hi,

I am using db2 api stage to extract data from db2 database using custom SQL. Just fetching all from the table.
Using 2 node configuration. Database has 89000 records, but the data set has double the records.

Does any one has any idea what is the wrong?

Thanks
Omkar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Nothing is wrong, PX is probably behaving as documented. You should look into the PX Developer's Guide pages 12-16 ff. This has to do with PX running in Parallel or Sequential mode, your partitioning method(s) and your SQL statement.
nekkalapudi
Participant

Post by nekkalapudi »

ArndW wrote:Nothing is wrong, PX is probably behaving as documented. You should look into the PX Developer's Guide pages 12-16 ff. This has to do with PX running in Parallel or Sequential mode, your partitioning method(s) and your SQL statement.
Hi ArndW,

The doc is explaining about DB2 Enterprise stage.
In the API I set the execution mode as 'parallel' writing auto partition to 2 node config.
The sql is direct select a,b,c from tablename. I didn't used any nodenumber information.
Omkar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Please set the execution mode back to the default value of "sequential" and you will get the results you expect. If you do read the documentation in PX it will explain why the data volume doubled when you went to parallel execution mode on a 2-node configuration.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Or RoundRobin.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How can you set a DB/2 enterprise read to something apart from "sequential" and "parallel"?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ArndW wrote:How can you set a DB/2 enterprise read to something apart from "sequential" and "parallel"?
Sorry, I dont have access with PX now.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Kumar,
I opened up the stage in designer and tried to change it, plus looked at the documentation and didn't find anything regarding a "round robin" allocation for DB/2 and find that it doesn't really make logical sense, but then again, very little makes sense to me (I always walk around work confused and dazed). So when do you get back to your PX I would be very interested in finding out how that can be done.