Import Orchestrate schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Import Orchestrate schema

Post by mab_arif16 »

Hi
I am trying to load the table definations through Import Orchestrate schema,and I am getting the following error
F TUXX 000002 11:45:12(000) <main_program> Internal Error: (colDesc):orautils.C: 1714: getColDesc failed.
Traceback: [6] APT_FatalPath::msgAssertion(0xfcfbacff, 0xffbf6410, 0xfcfbad07, 0x6b2, 0x0, 0xccc70), at 0xfe6dad18 ]
But when I use ODBC table definations I am able to import the table defination succesfully .
Also when I try to veiw the data using Oracle enterprise stage with the table definations imported via ODBC table definations.I get the same error ,
F TUXX 000002 11:45:12(000) <main_program> Internal Error: (colDesc):orautils.C: 1714: getColDesc failed.].
But if ODBC stage is used you can view data .

Is there some parameter that needs to be set on Oracle side or Datastage side .Thanks for help

Arif
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: Import Orchestrate schema

Post by Ultramundane »

What version of Oracle and what datatypes? Do you have any timestamps?
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

Ultramundane wrote:What version of Oracle and what datatypes? Do you have any timestamps?
Its Oracle 9i ,it does have 3 timestamp feilds,varchars and decimals,I dont have this problem when I access data from other servers but only this particaular server throws errors
Thanks
ARif
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

Hmm. I get the same error message when using the timestamp datatype with nanoseconds on Oracle 10g. I have to convert the columns using TO_CHAR.
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

Ultramundane wrote:Hmm. I get the same error message when using the timestamp datatype with nanoseconds on Oracle 10g. I have to convert the columns using TO_CHAR.
I just have microseconds