Job compilation taking more time(more than 5 hours)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sravanthi
Participant

Job compilation taking more time(more than 5 hours)

Post by sravanthi »

Hi,

I have a job which genarates an xml file.

DSet-->Transformer--->xml .

In transformer i'm applying business logic for 260 attributes.

I don't know why it is taking so much time.Is there any other way to decrese compilation time.

please tell some suggestion.

Thanks!
sravanthi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the compilation actually finish, or are you saying that it still appears to be compiling after five hours? If the latter, it may be simply that you have lost the connection between the server and the client, and the job actually did finish compiling on the server.

It is a parallel job or a job sequence? Job sequences are compiled using a different strategy (which includes writing files on the client), so network issues (possibly including name to IP address resolution) can impact total time.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Isn't there also a licensing consideration? I seem to remember reading here of that being a factor in compile length at times, where only one person at a time was allowed access to the compiler?? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers