schema in buildop

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

legendkiller
Participant

schema in buildop

Post by legendkiller »

Hi All,

In buildop stage can we pass input and output schema @ runtime. Also do buildop have facility to read input and ouput schema from text file.

regards
Sandep Ranade
hondaccord94
Participant

Re: schema in buildop

Post by hondaccord94 »

legendkiller wrote:Hi All,

In buildop stage can we pass input and output schema @ runtime. Also do buildop have facility to read input and ouput schema from text file.

regards
Sandep Ranade
--

I guess we can pass them at runtime but, you probably need to check the runtime column propogation feature. But in order to generate the buildop even before running one, you need to pass them, manually.

I have never tried this ( passing schema as text file). But how does your text file look like?
legendkiller
Participant

Post by legendkiller »

Thanks for reply,

When I am saying text file then I am refering to schema file( same schema file as in sequential file stage)

hondaccord94 wrote:
legendkiller wrote:Hi All,

regards
Sandep Ranade
--

I guess we can pass them at runtime but, you probably need to check the runtime column propogation feature. But in order to generate the buildop even before running one, you need to pass them, manually.

I have never tried this ( passing schema as text file). But how does your text file look like?
hondaccord94
Participant

Post by hondaccord94 »

Ok, then I think you can do this. Create table definitions from the schema file and use those definitions in the buidops I/O schemas.
Let me know if I dint make any sense here.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

I don't think this can be done at runtime because the buildop has to be compiled. The components of the buildop have to be in place at compile time.

If you want to create a process to build/compile the buildop on the fly, then you can do it, but that would be a home-grown process, not an inherent feature of DataStage.

Brad.