How to preventing the join stage from sorting the records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

the auto insertion of partiton and sort happens only if we have auto partition (Datastage).
Kumar,

Now i am bit confused.
For me,Insertion of tsort operator is done even if we hash partition the data with no sorting options.
felixyong
Participant

Post by felixyong »

balajisr wrote:
the auto insertion of partiton and sort happens only if we have auto partition (Datastage).
Kumar,

Now i am bit confused.
For me,Insertion of tsort operator is done even if we hash partition the data with no sorting options.
Hi,

There is no confusion as the requirement for join is to be sorted. Please see my previous posting on how it can be removed if the source is already pre-sorted.
Regards
Felix
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Iam limited to PX access, so couldnt justy whats been said.
balajisr - Dosent your job any sort (explict sort stage/ inline sort thorugh link).
If no, it shows that, the stages like join, insert an implict sort during runtime (irrespective of the partition been ment).
And this can be controlled only through the environmental varialbe, if not required to sort the data.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

kumar_s wrote:Iam limited to PX access, so couldnt justy whats been said.
balajisr - Dosent your job any sort (explict sort stage/ inline sort thorugh link).
If no, it shows that, the stages like join, insert an implict sort during runtime (irrespective of the partition been ment).
And this can be controlled only through the environmental varialbe, if not required to sort the data.
I do not have any sort operation in my job.

Thanks Felix and Kumar for your clarification.