Advantages of PX comparing with other ETL tools

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sateeshbabu
Participant

Advantages of PX comparing with other ETL tools

Post by sateeshbabu »

Hi Folks,

Can anybody suggest me,What are the advantages of parallel jobs when compared with other ETL tools like Informatica,Abinitio,Dataintegrator.

Thanks in advance,
Sateesh.M
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I guess even Informatica has launched PX editon recently.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Ab Initio was the first of the parallel ETL tools and on scalable performance it is hard to beat. The main difference is that DataStage parallel is now more widely used, has easier access to training and documentation and online help and better integration with related data integration products. Informatica and DataStage are equally good. Data Integrator has some parallel functions but I don't think it has the breadth of parallel architecture and functionality that DataStage has.
iamnagus
Participant

Post by iamnagus »

sateeshbabu,

This is not that much easy to compare the two applications(Tools) unless one should have vast real experience on the different tools.
According to me, Datastage is a bit better than Informatica on the aspects the way they provides features, functionality, debugging, performance. But both the tools are doing very good in the industry.

Regards,
iamnagus.