Datadirect driver for Linux

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datadirect driver for Linux

Post by nvalia »

Hi All,

Will the DataDirect driver for Linux help me in reading an Excel file directly with Datasatge installation on Linux? Any idea about the Cost involved?
Also going forward we could move to a Sun Solaris box..so in that case do we need to buy another driver or should this work fine there too

NV
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Yes, the DirectConnect or DataDirect (can't recall what they are called these days) drivers will let you read the .xls file directly using ODBC and the drivers are platform specific, so the driver on LINUX won't work on SOLARIS. Best ask the pricing and portability questions to the vendor directly. I seem to recall that you can get a several week demo license and that the product is quite pricey, but the last time I spoke with them was years ago and prices are sure to have changed. I'm more than just myself is interested in pricing information, so please do post it if you get it from them.
nvalia
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvalia »

ArndW wrote:Yes, the DirectConnect or DataDirect (can't recall what they are called these days) drivers will let you read the .xls file directly using ODBC and the drivers are platform specific, so the driver on LINUX won't work on SOLARIS. Best ask the pricing and portability questions to the vendor directly. I seem to recall that you can get a several week demo license and that the product is quite pricey, but the last time I spoke with them was years ago and prices are sure to have changed. I'm more than just myself is interested in pricing information, so please do post it if you get it from them.
Thanks a ton for ur prompt response.
Will post the price info once we have it.