Loosing The Microseconds in Stage variable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ratan Babu N
Participant

Loosing The Microseconds in Stage variable

Post by Ratan Babu N »

Hi,
Inorder to achieve time upto Microseconds, I am generating a surrogate key and then multiplying with 0.000001 and by using TimestampFromSecondsSince function, I am getting Time untill microseconds i.e (26,6) length.

I did this in Transformer stage. When I directly maps from i/p column to o/p column(and using the above said function in the derivation for that column), I am getting proper value. But when I used some logic through stage variable for the same column , I am loosing the Microseconds part(I enabled the Microseconds in stage variables also). How to get the Microseconds part through stage variables also.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Where you see the loosing information?
If it is in output, it should atlest show you .000000.
Use Peak stage to get the values showed in Director.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Ratan Babu N
Participant

Post by Ratan Babu N »

Yes Kumar, I am getting .000000 but not the exact value say for eg .000012 or so.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Have you tried using the Peak stage to find out where exactly the information is getting lost?
Configure all the stages of the transformer,
1.input column directly
2. Stage variable
3. Output column before transformation
4. Output column after transformation.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the source of these times? Does your operating system even support beyond milliseconds in system calls for time? The behaviour you are seeing suggests not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.