not able to use load method

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stiwari
Participant

not able to use load method

Post by stiwari »

Hi All,

I am not able to use LOAD Method in my job.....It is showing following error message

DB2 Load Binary Error
SQLCODE=-3025
SQL3025N
A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid
Failed opening fifo /dstage/Ascential/datastage/scretch/ordb21531966fb686b1c after 90 seconds no such device or address.

I am using DB2 partitioning in this job and with WRITE and UPSERT method its working fine......please suggest me how to resolve this.

Thanks in Advance

stiwari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you misspell "scratch" as "scretch" in one node definition within your configuration file?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Sorry, I have misspelled over here itself, its 'Scratch' in my configuration file as well as LOG file.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

It may sound silly due to the error message, but for loading you need dbadmin rights on your user and the db2user you're specifying. Please check that theses rights are given to you and retry the load.

Klaus
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

Also make sure you have write permissions in the scratch directory.

Ande
John Smith
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: not able to use load method

Post by John Smith »

stiwari wrote:Hi All,

I am not able to use LOAD Method in my job.....It is showing following error message

DB2 Load Binary Error
SQLCODE=-3025
SQL3025N
A parameter specifying a filename or path is not valid
Failed opening fifo /dstage/Ascential/datastage/scretch/ordb21531966fb686b1c after 90 seconds no such device or address.

I am using DB2 partitioning in this job and with WRITE and UPSERT method its working fine......please suggest me how to resolve this.

Thanks in Advance

stiwari
Hi Stiwari,
Did you manage to resolve this issue? I had the same problem and would like to find out from you what the resolution was.
Please send reply to nick.chuah@bearingpoint.com

Thanks
nick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Pathnames are case sensitive on UNIX. Did you specify "Scratch" instead of "scratch" or vice versa?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You check for this possible cases,

"The parameter contains a path, directory, or file name that is not valid.

For IMPORT and EXPORT, verify the datafile parameter.

For LOAD, verify that each entry in the parameters of type sqlu_media_list : datafile should contain valid filenames; lobpaths copytarget , and workdirectory should contain valid paths on the server including the final separator and a null terminator.

The pointer to lobpaths, copytarget and workdirectory must be valid or null.

The pointer to the targets in these structures must be valid.

Check that sessions and media_type are specified correctly.

Also, if the lobpaths parameter is specified, check that the media_type is the same as that specified for the datafile structure.

If the filetype is IXF, the length of the file name may be too long.

The command cannot be processed. "
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
bhargava129189
Participant

Hi

Post by bhargava129189 »

Hi,

I have seen the same issue as above. The problem is that the table load job that i ran was running fine for the last 15 runs.
Recently it started giving troubles. It aborts sometimes with the -3025 SQLCODE and i wont be able to simulate the same error after 3 days.
Still not able to figure out why this job aborts when there is no change in the DataStage or Db2 env. And its like a real pain to not be able to understand the issue and fix it.
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

very often a permissions problem can occur if the file delivery or processing has changed or someone has modified a umask.
Since loads are done under the dba's id, not the user's, make sure the group and other permissions are read on the file being loaded.

Ande
Ande

"So, you think this will work?"