join stage production issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

join stage production issues

Post by mab_arif16 »

HI

In some of my jobs I am facing weird problems ,I am using join stage to join the data ,Everything works fine in development env.but when I promote it to production ,the data is not joining and to the surprise not even a single row gets matched which produces almost 100,000 rows as output in development with same data .
When the project is unprotected in development then I get the required output ,but when ran in protected mode everythign gets messed up.

Are there some setting in production env. that I might be missing,or something else

Thanks
Arif
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

In development, when you run it protected, do you have the same problem? By the way, what is "protected" and "unprotected"?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Protected means read only. Cannot be edited.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually - technically - protected is different from read only. Regardless, neither should be the cause of the issue or cause any changes in job behaviour. Unless 'protected' here means something other than 'running in a Protected project'... :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Is there any change in data?
What is the data type been used?
I once faced the problem with the APT_PADCHAR property. The file produced by another job was with different padchar and hence messed up.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

kumar_s wrote:Is there any change in data?
I once faced the problem with the APT_PADCHAR property. The file produced by another job was with different padchar and hence messed up.
There are some unicode feilds in one input to join on which I am joining the data ,before the join stage in a transformer I am changing them to varchar .Even in devlopment env. If I remove the unicode option even in the source before transformer I am unable to join or no output .Is there some way I can take care of this unicode .Its really giving me hard time :(
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vcannadevula »

mab_arif16 wrote:
kumar_s wrote:Is there any change in data?
There are some unicode feilds in one input to join on which I am joining the data ,before the join stage in a transformer I am changing them to varchar .Even in devlopment env. If I remove the unicode option even in the source before transformer I am unable to join or no output .Is there some way I can take care of this unicode .Its really giving me hard time :(

Check the environment variables APT_NO_SORT_INSERTION/APT_NO_PARTITION_INSERTION. Depending on these values the Join stage will get effected.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

If I remove the unicode option even in the source before transformer I am unable to join or no output .Is there some way I can take care of this unicode .Its really giving me hard time
Make sure Unicode is not there in Join Stage MetaData? But not really sure if thats causing the issue.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

Just see how many nodes are in config file..Some times if you are using multi nodes and not partitioned well , you will get this mis matched rows..In developement, may be parallel jobs running on single node.so you didn't get this error..Just check it out in production environment. I am not sure how unprotecte or protecting projec effect this issue.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Or You can tell us the difference between the Dev and PROD box, other than the procted and unprotected.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'