APT_BadAlloc error -

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

durgaps
Participant

APT_BadAlloc error -

Post by durgaps »

Hi all,

I am repeatedly getting the following error while I am trying to run a parallel job. Please giv me some leads. Thanks in advance.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Caught exception from runLocally(): APT_BadAlloc: Heap allocation failed..
Operator signalled one or more errors.

Regards,
Durga
Durga Prasad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Anything to do with "heap" is about allocation of memory resources.

Either install more memory in your server(s), or reduce overall demand for memory, perhaps by running fewer jobs simultaneously, or by running on a configuration with fewer processing nodes.

Stage types that support sorting may have properties that allow you to specify a maximum amount of memory to be used before spilling to scratch disk.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

ray.wurlod wrote:Anything to do with "heap" is about allocation of memory resources.

Either install more memory in your server(s), or reduce overall demand for memory, perhaps by running fewer jobs simultaneously, ...
Thanks Ray ...
Durga Prasad