Job to get XML file as output

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

divya_ascential
Participant

Job to get XML file as output

Post by divya_ascential »

Hi

Currently iam supposed to work with Ascential datstage,
I need to create a job which has sequential file(.csv) as input and need to get a .xml file as output.

I have created a paralell job which takes sequential file, XML Output and another Sequential file for storing the output.

Iam a newbie to ascential datasatge.
plz let me know in detail.

Thanks...
-Divs-
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Divs,

a quick look at the types of posts in this forum will show that there are many helpful people around who will help on specific problems, questions or issues. This forum is a great place for information exchange between people who do work with the product.

This forum is used as a supplement to a training course or experience and cannot be used as a replacement for training or mentoring; everyone here is a volunteer and most of us make our daily bread by working with DataStage.

Your question is far too broad and unspecific to get anyone to help you. Even if some kind soul would be willing to write a job for you the information isn't quite enough.

Ask specific questions and you will get a response. You've explained your job's rough structure but haven't stated your exact problem or question. Narrow it down to something really specific such as "I can't read my .CSV file because {fill in the blank}".
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Job to get XML file as output

Post by chulett »

divya_ascential wrote:I have created a paralell job which takes sequential file, XML Output and another Sequential file for storing the output.
A couple of points. Does it need to be a parallel job for what you are doing? Secondly, get rid of the 'sequential file for storing the output', it isn't needed. The XML Output stage will, as the name implies, output the XML file (or files) itself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Divya,
You have sequential file stage, XML write stage, sort stage in datastage designer.
Have you tried with these stage to perform your task.
If you are not able to recongnize these information, pls go through the document given in the client machine.
You can find that in Start-->All Programs-->Ascential Datasage-->Online Manuals-->Datastage Documentation.

After constructing the designa and after running the job, you get any error or warning, you can post you output to get more adn quick feedback.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get your employer to provide some training. The vendor (IBM) offers a good range of classes, and there are some third party providers of training.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.