Regarding DataStage TX Map

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vijay Kumar
Participant

Regarding DataStage TX Map

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi,
Can any one tell me abt the DataStage TX Map Stage? what is tha use of it and where can we use it?
What is the Map and Card options?

Is this stage used to connect Manugistics system? If yes, then how to use it to connect the Manugistics system?

Kindly help in this regard. I am new to this TX Map Stage.

Thanks in Advance,
Vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's only useful if you also own the DataStage TX product. If you do, it lets you run TX 'maps' / jobs from inside a Server (and perhaps PX) job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Vijay Kumar
Participant

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi,
Yes, I do see this stage in my DS Client.
Can we use this to connect Manugistics system?
What is this Map and Card options??

I just want to know the purpose of this stage and where can we use it? Is there any other way to directly connect Manugistic System apart from connecting to the Database?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Vijay
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've already noted the purpose of the stage - to call a TX map from inside a Server job. I also believe someone can install the stage without owning TX but you certainly can't use it without owning it as well. Do you own the product?

If so, your specific questions about the TX product should either be posted in the TX forum here or in the TX forum at Ascential DeveloperNet. The latter seems to get the vast majority of traffic on TX, but we kick their butt on everything else. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers