Regarding Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skdubey.bi
Participant

Regarding Oracle Stage

Post by skdubey.bi »

While i try to connect with oracle dataabse and try to veiw data it is showing error message [b]current job can not be run in this plateform[/b]

Could you please suggest me what are setting to do for Oracle Stage.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Regarding Oracle Stage

Post by balajisr »

skdubey.bi wrote:While i try to connect with oracle dataabse and try to veiw data it is showing error message current job can not be run in this plateform

Could you please suggest me what are setting to do for Oracle Stage.
What is version of datastage you are using? It should be 7.5.x2 to be able to run on windows. Other versions cannot run on windows. Nothing wrong with the oracle stage.
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

I doubt if you can do the same with any other stage (eg:sequential file stage) when you create in a parallel job.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You do not have version 7.5x2 installed. This is the only version that permits parallel jobs to be run on Windows platforms. Other versions permit only development (design) of jobs.

This message is unrelated to choice of stage type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.