Jobs not releasing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

opdas
Participant

Jobs not releasing

Post by opdas »

Hi,
We are not able to release jobs from director using "Clean up resources" as the window showing all process with "Show all" being on shows one PID# with 0 .
While our development server doesnt have any problem.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

try this :

1. Telnet to the DS server machine and cd to $DSHOME directory as root or dsadm account; (where $DSHOME is the DSEngine directory)

2. Run ". ./dsenv";

3. Run "bin/uvsh" to enter DS Command Prompt;

4. Enter "LOGTO UV" to log into UV account. (*may not need to be done on DS 7) If the LOGTO command is disabled, use this command "CHDIR <path_to_the_DSEngine_folder>" (with <path_to_the_DSEngine_folder>=cat /.dshome under a telnet session on the DataStage server). The UNLOCK command lives in UV account.

5. Type ">LIST.READU EVERY" and press "Enter". Check active record locks under "Item Id" column for job name or RT_CONFIG# or RT_LOG# (# matches the job description number.

6. Write down the inode number and user number for the lock that is not a valid lock.

7. Type ">UNLOCK INODE inode# USER user# ALL" and press "Enter";

This will unlock the lock hold on this file (inode#) and hold by this user (user#) for file locks, group locks and record locks.

9. If you need to see all the locks again, type ">LIST.READU EVERY" and press "Enter".

10. Enter ">LOGTO projectname" and press "Enter" to logto the project repository; (where projectname is case sensitive)

11. Enter "CLEAR.FILE RT_STATUSxx" and press "Enter" to clear the status for the job; (where xx is the job_number for that job);

12. Enter "LO" to exit the DS Command Prompt;
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Keshav,
Thanks a lot for the reply..... we could release the locks as you have mentioned but my query was why is the Process area in the Clean up process was blank .....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Usually because someone has killed a parent process, making a zombie out of the child process.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Ray,
Restarting the server is also not helping. What should we do ??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you say "restarting the server" do you mean restarting DataStage or re-booting the operating system? The latter is pretty much guaranteed to work (since locks are held in memory) unless your Repository database(s) have been corrupted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

I'm restarting Datastage only.
I have to check with my client if we can restart the operating system too. Lots of approvals involved !! :evil:
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I assume that using UV did not work for you since you are planning to restart the operating system