Error view data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JulienLEMOINE
Participant

Error view data

Post by JulienLEMOINE »

Hi,
My job transfers data from a remote DB2 database to a local dataset file and create a table with only the row_id in a local DB2 database.
I can compile and run the job.
When I tried to view data in the local database the folowing error occurs :
*Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project MyProject
*a pop up screen that the data source is empty
*Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project MyProject
(The connection is broken (81002))

I check by command line on my AIX server to view data and it works perfectly !!

Does anybody have an idea ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard :D

The data browser (View Data) is not able to communicate with the DataStage client, and/or vice versa.

Error code 81002 indicates that the connection (via DataStage RPC) is broken. Check that you haven't triggered an inactivity timeout, check that the DataStage RPC daemon (dsrpcd) is still running on the server.

It may also be the case that the Repository database for the project needs to have its indexing rebuilt, but I would not expect a failure there to generate error code 81002.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you face this error repeatedly even after reconecting to server?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
JulienLEMOINE
Participant

Post by JulienLEMOINE »

kumar_s wrote:Do you face this error repeatedly even after reconecting to server? ...
I face it every time I do "view data" even after reconnecting.
And now , even with my other stages DB2 API I face it.

When I do "view data" on my dataset file I have the following error but it still displays :
Error executing View Data command:
##E TFCC 000003 11:15:40(222) <APT_CombinedOperatorController,0> U_TRUNCATED_CHAR_FOUND encountered.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

It shows that the internal file created able to view.
As suggested check whether inactivity timeout option available in datastage adminstrator client for the project is not give with any min second. If so check the 'Do Not Timeout'.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
balajimadhav
Participant

Re: Error view data

Post by balajimadhav »

i am getting the same error Error calling subroutine: DSD.Browse (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project <project Name>( and connection gets broken) every time when i do view data.
any solution for this?
Balaji.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

JulienLEMOINE wrote: Error executing View Data command:
##E TFCC 000003 11:15:40(222) <APT_CombinedOperatorController,0> U_TRUNCATED_CHAR_FOUND encountered.
I have experienced this problem when I have had bad data in my data set file or flat file. Try loading less number of columns, and see if the error still persists.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.