USING SEQUENCER's

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thatiprashant
Participant

USING SEQUENCER's

Post by thatiprashant »

hi,,,
thanks for all the help you guys were giving to me,, can someone pls help me out in using the job sequence,,,i need to run the jobs using the job sequencer in PX,,,i havent got clue abt it,,can someone pls help me with this,,i tried to read thru the px guide and tried the things,,cudnt achieve like running one job and after finishing it needs to trigger the other one,,

thanks in anticipation.
dsnovice
Participant

Post by dsnovice »

Please go through the Serve Guide as Sequencer is still a server component.

Basically you can select the Jobs from your repository and drop it on the SEQUENCE template. Then Connect these two jobs with the link starting from the First job you want to run and ending at the second job.

Then you can go to the First Job icon and open the Trigger and select the kind of trigger or condition on which you would like your second job to start.

Thank you,

a Novice
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Actually the Sequencer functionality is described in the "Designer Guide". Please have a look at this, it shall give you a good overview and details on what you can achieve with the job sequencer.

The job sequencer can be used for both server and EE-jobs. It can even run a mix of jobs.

Klaus
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Sequencer is a component in a job sequence that makes an "any input has fired" or "all inputs have fired" decision. They are not difficult to use, having only the one property.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.