eliminting certain rows

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thatiprashant
Participant

eliminting certain rows

Post by thatiprashant »

hi,

i am having big probs with this data,i get a flat file with a data on product codes,like soapcode,pastecode,transactioncode,drinkscode,winecode and so on..everytime the transaction of any of these products go thru it will create a respective code,,but i dont need winecode and pastecode, beside that i need all the codes generated in that column, can someone pls help me to know how to filter those 2 records and move all other recors.

thanks in anticipation

prashant
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: eliminting certain rows

Post by DSguru2B »

thatiprashant wrote:hi,

everytime the transaction of any of these products go thru it will create a respective code

prashant
Who creates those codes. Do you create them?
Well regardless, let them be there, pass them through a transformer and put the constraint not equal to those two codes.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
thatiprashant
Participant

Re: eliminting certain rows

Post by thatiprashant »

DSguru2B wrote:
thatiprashant wrote:hi,

everytime the transaction of any of these products go thru it will create a respective code

prashant
Who creates those codes. Do you create them?
Well regardless, let them be there, pass them through a transformer and put the constraint not equal to those two codes.
THANKS GURU IT DID WORK
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

how to filter those 2 records and move all other recors.
You also have filter stage specifically designed for this.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'