Assigning value to Invocation Id from a parent PX job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sairamkrish
Participant

Assigning value to Invocation Id from a parent PX job

Post by sairamkrish »

Hi,

Am invoking a child PX job from a parent PX job using the UtilityRunJob function. My child job is allowed to run in multiple instances. Would like to know how to assign values to Invocation Id to my child job from my parent job.

Thanks
Krish
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I'm not at a DS client right now so I cannot look at the code, but some of the calls allow you to specify a job using "JobName.InstanceName"; perhaps that will work in this case as well.
dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dwblore »

ArndW wrote:using "JobName.InstanceName"; perhaps that will work in this case as well.
JobName.InstanceName

Where Instancename can be treated as a variable to be concatenated with the Jobname name.

Search this forum - Lots of posts on this
sairamkrish
Participant

Post by sairamkrish »

ArndW wrote:I'm not at a DS client right now so I cannot look at the code, but some of the calls allow you to specify a job using "JobName.InstanceName"; perhaps that will work in this case as well. ...
Thanks ArndW..it works fine.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Also remember that you can use the invocation ID throughout your job as though it were a job parameter. You can put #DSJobInvocationID# (I hope that is the write name, typing it from memory) into job file name fields or SQL filter fields. This lets you choose a meaningful invocation ID that defines the partition of that job and uses it as a tag throughout your job.