How to Capture the error records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mary
Participant

How to Capture the error records

Post by mary »

Hi ,

I am inserting records into three tables in db2. I a am using API stages. How can i capture the rejected records(error records) by the database

Thanks in Advance
M
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

In the transformer prior to the DB2 API stage, on the rejectred link, in the constraints, use LinkVariable --> Outputs --> (DB2Link) REJECTED.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
rony_daniel
Participant

Post by rony_daniel »

kumar_s wrote:In the transformer prior to the DB2 API stage, on the rejectred link, in the constraints, use LinkVariable --> Outputs --> (DB2Link) REJECTED.
This is applicable only for Server jobs. But what about in PX? In PX we cannot get the (DB2Link) REJECTED option. So then how will we capture the rejected records which are not inserted into the db?
Thanks & Regards,
Rony
rony_daniel
Participant

Post by rony_daniel »

I tried by making one of the output link as Reject. But still the rejected records are not being captured by this link. Am i missing something here? Should I give any additional constraints for this to be done.

Any help in this regard please...
Thanks & Regards,
Rony
ramesh_dw
Participant

Post by ramesh_dw »

DB2 API stage does not support any reject links.

If using DB2 Enterprise stage is an option for you, then you can use the upsert option with a reject link to catch the rejected records.

Otherwise you have to parse the log for 'rejected' entries and abort the job. Then data verification should be done manually.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

But Iam sure you can manually make a conditional check for the duplicates to get rejected using transformer.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'