MQ stage real-time message processing issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xmw2000
Participant

MQ stage real-time message processing issue

Post by xmw2000 »

Dears,

As we know, MQ stage can read messages from Queue. But we found one DS/EE job with MQ stage will stop after it has finished all messages in Queue. So after a while, we must restart Ds/EE job to process messages.

Now we hope real-time message processing without re-start DS job. That means once there is new message in queue, the DS/EE job will be triggered to do with messages.

Although in MQ stage properties tab, we can set some data value by "Wait time", "Message Limit" options to control when DS/EE job will stop, but it's strange that the MQ messages still in Queue, it seems that they couldn't be commited until the end of the job.

Take an example, i have 2 Stages in one job. One is MQ stage and the other is Sequential file stage. My purpose is to read MQ messages to Sequential file in real-time. I set "Wait time" to 3mins in MQ stage property tab, but very strage, the message couldn't be written to output file until at the end of job. I hope that once there is new message in Queue, the message will be output to Sequential file.

Is there any method or other property to commit the message at some interval? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would need to 'SOA Enable' the job to accomplish what it seems you are asking for... and that would require the purchase of that component. There's nothing 'real time' about DataStage otherwise.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
xmw2000
Participant

Post by xmw2000 »

chulett, Thanks for your infomation.

Where can i get some materials about 'SOA enable' stage? It seems that the customers don't want to buy it additionally. So do you think it is feasible to write one program(such as java or c) to invoke the DS job to handle some message once there is some message in Message Queue?
Hope to get your suggestion if don't buy-in 'SOA Enable' real-time stage.