Hanging Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hanging Job

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

I have a job that generated many errors to do with being unable to connect to database.

The last error that appears in the log is:
main_program: Could not check all operators because of previous error(s
)

The job is still in a run state and fails to terminate. I even sent an explicit stop request through the director GUI, which has had no effect.

I cannot continue to run my job until in terminates.

What is recommended to do in this case. Do I have to clear the status file?

Your help is appreciated.

- Greg
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

If you already issued a stop request through Director Client, try compiling the job from designer. If the Job compiles without any errors, then the latest status of the Job is reflected in the Director client.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you sure the job remained unsuccessful in establishing a connection with the database?
Whenever a database is involved in a job and the job seems to hang, sometimes its due to an alive thread to the database. Try what kris has suggested, if that fails, then you need to get in touch with you dba and ask him to explicity kill the thread that was created by that particular job. This will abort your job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Dont try to clear the status file before clearing the lock being held. Check in the DS server whether the process is still running.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by gsherry1 »

Are server was rebooted, and afterwards I was able to recompile and the status changed from 'running' to 'compiled'.

Thanks,

Greg