configuring db2/udb enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

configuring db2/udb enterprise stage

Post by bmadhav »

We have recently set up the DWE edition of the UDB/DB2 on AIX with data partitioning in the production environment. (8 way AIXv5.3 machine).
We are now working on accessing this data using db2/udb enterprise plug-in stage from DataStage EE from a 8 way AIX5.1 machine.
This is a totally new set up for us.
The first error I got was "Error loading "orchdb2op": ", which I did lookup and find it was an issue with the version of database not being specified during install and had to link it to v8 db2.
Even after making the link, I still get the same error.
I now think it is an issue with the version of db2 client on the DS EE which shd be v8 and above.
I have requested for the db2 v8 client to be loaded.
I am also looking at the DataStageEE Remote DB2 config guide, which has a long list of prerequisites to be met.
As per this guide -
DS/EE must be installed on each DB2 node in the DB2 cluster.
Hardware & o/s must be same on ETL server & db2/udb server.

I need to know if I am heading in the right direction. The DS/EE server on which I am trying to test this is an older AIX machine and AIX version5.1, compared to the DWE UDB database server. Is this acceptable?
Will some DS/EE components need to be loaded on the AIX machine housing the database?

Sorry for the long post.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

On the Ascential Developernet site is a recently uploaded file on configuring DB2 databases for Enterprise Editions. It goes into much more detail then the standard installation guide and is a must for what you are doing.
bmadhav
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by bmadhav »

Thanks! Will take a look there.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:idea: You need "http://" as part of the URL for the tag to do its thing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.