Orchestrate Operators

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Orchestrate Operators

Post by bala_135 »

Hi,

Can anyone let me know where i can find about orchestrate operators?.Do we have any list where we can use it to build custom stages.When i went through the manual for building a custom stage i found that in the Operator tab of the custom stage,i need to specify
the name of the Orchestrate operators.Where can i find it?

Regards,
Bala.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Search for Orchestrate guide in IBM website.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is an Orchestrate Operators manual among the Orchestrate manuals. Your vendor ought to be able to supply you with a set at no cost. They're also handed out on IBM's DataStage EE classes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bala_135 »

Hi Ray/Kumar,

Thank you very much for reply.
kumar i searched the IBM site . i couldnt get the orchestrate guide relevent to datastage
Ray can u give any URLs i can download and read it.

Regards,
Bala
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Before intervention of IBM, we were easily able to get if from http://www.ascential.com/eservice/pages ... trate.html. Not sure about now.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

kumar_s wrote:Before intervention of IBM, we were easily able to get if from http://www.ascential.com/eservice/pages ... trate.html. Not sure about now.
Kumar,

The link is not working anymore and I need to have the list of operators badly. If you have the operators guide and relevant material can u please share it ? If you are willing I will send you my mail address. Please let me know.

Thanks in advanca,
Sudarshan :)
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can find a few operators and its details under your PXEngine directory.
/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/examples
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm sure someone posted this link recently, to the eServices web site. Try a Search.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

ray.wurlod wrote:I'm sure someone posted this link recently, to the eServices web site. Try a Search.
Yummy :D I was sitting on it, got to get my eyes checked, missed the blue ink !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Ray,
The link that I had posted is not for the website, but a unix directory path where the OP can find some examples to see from.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

DSguru2B wrote:Ray,
The link that I had posted is not for the website, but a unix directory path where the OP can find some examples to see from.
Hey DsGuru,

Thanks for the examples link. But I got the actual link for the actual pdf. :lol:
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

And where did you get it? Can you let us know?

Thanks.
altruist
Participant

Post by altruist »

Hi Sud,

Would be great if you could provide the link.

Regards
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Try to login twice with the link provided.
Guess info provided in this post should help.
http://dsxchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=92 ... 257fd966e7
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

altruist wrote:Hi Sud,

Would be great if you could provide the link.

Regards
Heeeheeee :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

I had to spend another half an hour to find the link, forgot it after downloading. Today I understood how serch engines are going to kick revenues in the future, rotten eggs like me with only a processor and no hard disk will end up paying !!!!

Enough of my gibberish !!

Orchestrate Link

Cheers !!!!!