The job aborts exactly after 10 mins with SISEGV error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

salil
Participant

The job aborts exactly after 10 mins with SISEGV error

Post by salil »

One of my jobs which used to run fine previously is getting aborted.I tried running and monitoring it several times and found that the Abort happens immediately after it reaches the 10:00 min elapsed time threshold.
The number of rows processed during this period varies in b/w 80000 to 100000 for multiple runs.
But the time is exactly after it crosses the mark 10.
I min.Time.Monitor Interval from 10 to 100,but the result is same.

All Help appreciated,

Thx in advance,
Regards
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try running in a single-node configuration - does it work? If yes, you might be running out of resources. Are you loading lookup files in this job?
salil
Participant

Post by salil »

ArndW wrote:Try running in a single-node configuration - does it work? If yes, you might be running out of resources.
Thx a lot Arnd,
I was not using any lookups inside the job.
It was resource scarcity.I just checked the configuration file and it clearly mentioned it,one of the sectionleader is died.I cleaned up scratch and rerun the job.It's working fine.

Thank u once again.
Regards
Salil
A printer consists of 3 main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Infact you can change to size based monitoring.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'