ODBC Performance

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

ODBC Performance

Post by mab_arif16 »

Hi

I have three jobs which loads the data in oracle database.The jobs are simple with only two stage jobs ,the first stage extracts the data from sybase using sybase ocpx stage and loads it into database using ODBC enterprise stage ,I have set the array size to 10000 and isolation level to read commit.
The first two jobs which have feilds only in char or varchar run which runs with a speed of 9000 rows per sec (approx) .while in the last job I have integer ,timestamp and decimal feilds and the job runs with a speed of 1550 rows per sec.

Why is there a difference in performance .,or something can be done to improve it

Thanks
Arif
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If by any change, this is true reason on datatype, theoritically, I would guess, it might be due the timestamp avaialability.
Timestamp may need to be converted into internal value of datastage while processing and converting back to the original value.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: ODBC Performance

Post by Ultramundane »

This is another bug that Ascential fixed.

Case: 437994, Ecase: 76017
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

It could also be your source select. It can only update as fast as it is being read.
Mamu Kim