Design Palette lost?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Design Palette lost?

Post by mctny »

Hello Everybody,
I have a weird problem in Designer, my palette has nothing in it, and I cannot customize it either, the palette customization is not working and when I try to load a new palette, there is no file under the palette folder?
how can I get my palette or factory default palette back, when I say set to factory defaults or project default again my palette is empty.
Can you help me please ?

Thanks
Thanks,
Chad
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Reinstall the Client.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Open a new job or an existing job. Is the palette still empty?
Go to manager, in the repository you will see Stage Types. Extend it. Click on different folders, do you see any stages show up ?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good point - it will be 'empty' when there is no job open as the pallete is built based on job type. Now, if it's still empty after opening a job, you've got a real problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mctny »

thanks you, I can see the palette now. Thank god, Probably I was loking at when there is no job open, :) sorry for disturbing you for such a funny problem, I was worrying since yesterday because I am the only ETL person in this company and there is no one else I can ask, if I mess up the DataStage.
Thanks,
Chad

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a known bug in some of the 7.5 releases where the Palette only shows the Aggregator stage icon with a label of "0". This can not be expanded. If this occurs, the workaround is to drag stages from the Repository view, which seems to be unaffected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.