ODBC error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

ODBC error

Post by mab_arif16 »

Hi
When I use an Oracle OCI stage the job runs fine but when using ODBC stage with write option I get an error
Can somebody suggest me what is this error APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [DataDirect][ODBC Oracle driver]Invalid precision value. Error in parameter 5.
Thanks
Arif
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Hi

what is the parameter5 in your job? Check that one..

Thanks
Sam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you tried to declare a decimal(0) or string[0] or similar in the fifth field?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you tried to declare a decimal(0) or string[0] or similar in the fifth field?
No the fifth feild is varchar (50)
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

us1aslam1us wrote:Hi

what is the parameter5 in your job? Check that one..

Thanks
Sam
I dont know what does it mean by parameter 5 ,the job doesnt have any parameters
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It means the fifth parameter marker in the SQL. If this is Oracle SQL, the fifth parameter marker is :5 but, if this is ODBC SQL, the fifth parameter marker is ? (as are all the other parameter markers).

Is the column in the Oracle table defined as VARCHAR2(50)? That is, does the metadata in your job match what's really out there in the table. Does the schema for that link specify string[max=50] for that field?

Once everything matches perfectly you should not see any warnings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.