Rejects in DRS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Rejects in DRS

Post by mab_arif16 »

Hi
Is it possible to give a reject link to DRS stage while doing truncate and insert,so that all the records not inserted goes to a sequential file .
Thanks for help
Arif
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you even tried to create a Rejects link? Let us know the result.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mab_arif16
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by mab_arif16 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you even tried to create a Rejects link? Let us know the result.
I doesnt accept any reject links ,even the ODBC enterprise stage with the property truncate and write doesnt supports reject links.
Is there a way to capture records that are not inserted in databse to a sequential file .
Thanks
ARif
sud
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sud »

The funny thing is that the documentation says that you can have a reject link and even while creating a link from the DSR one gets a error that non-reject links are not supported by the source stage. :?
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for ETL, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous.