New line character added when FTP using FTP enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prindu1302
Participant

New line character added when FTP using FTP enterprise stage

Post by prindu1302 »

While I try to FTP a file using the FTP enterprise stage the number bytes in the ftpped file is increased by one byte for each record [newline character is getting addded].But If i manually FTP the file there is no increase in the byte size of the ftpped file.
It is a fixed length file that i try to ftp.Is there any setting that is to be done at the stage level to avoid the increase of the byte size?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is your setting for the FTP stage Inputs -> Line Termination?
prindu1302
Participant

Post by prindu1302 »

Since it is a fixed length file, I have set the final record level delimiter to none and record type as implicit
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I was looking at the other FTP stage. Have you specified "fixed" for the record length attribute; this is what I have done in the past and I did not specify "implicit" for the record type attribute.
ds_team
Participant

Post by ds_team »

Even I am getting this problem. I am having a transformer stage and then an FTP enterprise stage. What ever comming from transformer is directly FTP'd. The FTP'd file is havin NL[newline] character at the end. I did specify fixed length for record length but isuue is till the same. please help me.
ArndW wrote:I was looking at the other FTP stage. Have you specified "fixed" for the record length attribute; this is what I have done in the past and I did not specify "implicit" for the record type attribute. ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Notes

Multiple posts relating to the same problem will not get you an answer any faster. It only annoys people who have to read redundant questions.

Hijacking old threads to do so builds additional resentment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.