Has a file on another AIX Machine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinay_renu2001
Participant

Has a file on another AIX Machine

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

Hi

I am working on DataStage 7.5.2 Parallel jobs.

Now i have to develop a file watcher program to look for the files on the database server(Not on the DataStage server).

As i have several source files, for each source file i would get one trigger file.

Now, I am planning to use the "wait for file activity" stage in a sequence or "DSWaitForFile" Routine as before job sub routine.

Do you guys think is it a good idea to go with one of those options or do i have any other options? or is it a good idea to write a shell for file watcher program? :?

Secondly,
The strange thing is that, we are not bringing any data onto the DataStage Server. The files are generated and placed on the Source system AIX box. DataStage job has a sql script to process the data without bringing onto AIX box.

If i use the "DSWait for file Activity" in a Seuence or "DSWaitForFile" routine in a job, they only looks for a trigger file on the DataStage server machine,

Can anyone help me out how to find the trigger file on the other server.

Thanks
Vinay
Thanks and Regards
Vin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Mount the relevant directory on the source machine onto the DataStage server machine, and use that pathname.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.