DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly i

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkdatastage
Participant

DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly i

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi,

Initially created a JOBsequence with a few sequence, these are independent with no dependencies, but When adding more jobsequences(with no dependencies) to the exsisting one i'am seeing this error message

:?:
==============================================
Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project Dhl_Flat_Oracle
(Internal Error (81021))

===============================================

Very urgent any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Where (designer/director) and when (runtime,save,open,add) are you seeing the error message? If you save-as another name does the new one have the same error?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Connection Breakdown.
Is it repeating even if you reconnect and redo the same?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The 81xxx messages relate to the dsrpc daemon. Specifically, 81021 decodes as Error writing to pipe.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = 081021;
Something (possibly intermittent) has gone awry between processes, dsrpcd, dsapi_server, dsapi_slave. Exactly where is not reported.

Establishing a new connection is likely to fix this problem.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi

Thanks for sharing your ideas

Actually i had placed 10 job activitys on the sequence canvas and ran the sequence . every thing is fine and data has been populated to the subsequent target tables. on the same canvas then i added another 8 job activitys , when i try to run it then it is throughing this error. all my 18 jobs are compiled and they are working fine when i ran each job individually.
I am not aware that why this error has happened, Kindly through me a light on it that what are the area's that had a problem which is throughing me this kind of error

thanks
RK
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Where (designer/director) and when (runtime,save,open,add) are you seeing the error message? If you save-as another name does the new one have the same error?

I had done this on designer , while saving the sequence i am getting this problem, i tried to save the same sequence with another name , it is throughing the same error.

Thanks
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you running on multiple machines (MPP)? The conductor, section leader and player processes communicate via TCP, and with 16 jobs x N stages chances are you have overloaded the capacity of the processes all to communicate simultaneously. For example all processes must relay warnings and errors to the conductor process, which is the only process that writes to the log.

However, since the error is being reported from DSR_RECORD, which is a helper subroutine that accesses records in the DataStage Repository, I don't believe that is the appropriate diagnosis. It may be that one of your Repository tables is in need of verification and/or reindexing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi Ray

Thanks for your response

But i am not working on MPP , what ever the work i am working is on a single machine where the server and the client has been installed.

Can you guide me what might be the problem

Thanks in advance

RK
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

ray.wurlod wrote:The 81xxx messages relate to the dsrpc daemon. Specifically, 81021 decodes as Error writing to pipe.

SELECT * FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = 081021;
Something (possibly intermittent) has gone awry between processes, dsrpcd, dsapi_server, dsapi_slave. Exactly where is not reported.

Establishing a new connection is likely to fix this problem.
I am relatively new to the admin side of DataStage, and have not been able to take an admin class yet either. I am researching an issue that is similar to this and found Ray's SQL query above.

How do I run this? I tried running with dssh and got the following error message:

myserver:/u001/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine> bin/dssh
DataStage Command Language 7.5
Copyright (c) 1997 - 2004 Ascential Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved
DSEngine logged on: Wed Apr 25 07:48:38 2007

>select * from sys.message where @id = 081021;
DataStage/SQL: Table "sys.message" does not exist.
Am I running this in the right place? Where can I find documentation on what tables are in the database repository and how to use them?

Thanks!

Brad.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

Okay, I should do more experimenting before posting. I retried the command in caps and it worked.

Brad.