Releasing jobs held by another User

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavankvk
Participant

Releasing jobs held by another User

Post by pavankvk »

When ever the designer hangs with a job opened, i kill it. and when opening the same job it gives the error message.

i know that there is something like releasing locks. can you let me know. i am using 7.5 ee edition.
kool78
Participant

Re: Releasing jobs held by another User

Post by kool78 »

pavankvk wrote:When ever the designer hangs with a job opened, i kill it. and when opening the same job it gives the error message.

i know that there is something like releasing locks. can you let me know. i am using 7.5 ee edition.

hi

Have u tried

director->Job->CleanUp Resources.
iwin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by iwin »

Hi pavankvk,
Basically you can unlock the jobs by two ways:
1) As kool78 said you can release or unlock the jobs from Director.
2) In Administrator, at command line go to DS.TOOLS and select option 5 and enter the pid of the job to release.

I consider these to be the safe methods, instead of killing the Job and breaking the head.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

i tried cleaning up resources.it never worked. and i also remember trting the pid method..but they didnt help
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Hi pavan,

If you can paste the error message someone can answer that properly rather than guessing.Anyway you try to logout of all the process through the director,sometime this will be a problem .

Thanks
Sam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And lose the habit of using kill on any DataStage process. It only ever leads to messy cleanup problems. For example, how do you know you correctly identified all child, sibling and parent processes?

Craft your job designs so that they don't hang in the first place.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.