Help Help !! Failure during execution of operator logic.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pankajg
Participant

Help Help !! Failure during execution of operator logic.

Post by pankajg »

Friends:

I get the following errors
1. (Warning) APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),1: Field 'po_mcptm_othoutsum' from input dataset '0' is NULL. Record dropped.
2. (Fatal Error)xfm_StgDM2StgMN_po_vo_mob_temp,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
3. (Fatal error) APT_CombinedOperatorController(1),0: Fatal Error: Null value on the accessor interfacing to field "po_mcptm_hutinsum".

Later in the job there are errors like player terminated unexpectedly and broken pipe.

Can some one direct me on debugging these errors, also would be glad to hear the cause?

Regards
Pankaj
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Pankaj,

what is field po_mcptm_othoutsum? Is it nullable? Are you doing some sort of an operation on it? What is it's relation to field po_mcptm_hutinsum? The answers to those questions will show you what the error is and help you to correct it.
pankajg
Participant

Post by pankajg »

I am not using any operations in the transformer stage. And the field is set as nullable.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is your derivation for column po_mcptm_hutinsum? Also, the attributes for column po_mcptm_othoutsum are probably not nullable (hence the error message). You can turn off combinability mode to see if your error message becomes clearer.
pankajg
Participant

Post by pankajg »

Friends

I got a solution to this issue. The thing is that in the transformer I was trying to add NULL + NULL or NULL+<value> and so there was this error.
I fixed these NULLS using NULLTOZERO and it works absolutely fine.

Thanks ArndW, I believe you got me started.

Cheers !! :lol:
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Pankajg,

the error message was quite clear that this was the problem, but as you see it is more important to locate and solve it yourself. Good job.
pavankvk
Participant

Post by pavankvk »

Pankaj

that is a known issue with transformer stage. if you have any functions operating upon the field like Trim and if incoming value is NULL the record is dropped.

NullToZero is ok for integers. you can also check IsNull()=1 then Space else do something.