Getting Error While FTPing(File access permission denied)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

spendem
Participant

Getting Error While FTPing(File access permission denied)

Post by spendem »

Hi All,

I am getting following error message when I m tryi ng to FTP to another server.

Warning: FTPServer..FTP_Plug_in_1: 553 MicroReins.DAT: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

Fatal: FTPServer..FTP_Plug_in_1: Error while trying to open connection for sending data to the FTP server, FTP command STOR failed

I even changed the read acces mode of the file to chmod 777 filename but I am still getting this problem.

Do I need to change any setting options to get it ftp ied on the different server, Since when This FTP mechanism works fine when I use same serever with diffrenet directory(Path).

Many Thanks,
Spendem
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did it give any error code with the STOR command failed message.
Basically there is a problem with permissions. You might have permission to that server, but do you have permission to that folder. Try going to command prompt and try to ftp from there. See if that is successful.
To get more information on the STOR command, try googling it. You will get many pages that will explain you what it means.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
spendem
Participant

Post by spendem »

Thanks DSguru,

I tried ftping it thru command prompt It didnt worked, The problem was I dont have access to that particular directory when we changed the access permissions for that directory we I was able to FTP the file.

Regards,
Spendem
Ashish
Participant

Re: Getting Error While FTPing(File access permission denied

Post by Ashish »

Hi spendem ,

You getting this Error because file with the same name present in the another server and this file created be other user, so when you are trying to ftp your file from your server to another server it will not allow you to override the existing file better to remove the file from the other Server and create the dummy file in other server using Touch Cmd.

Thks
Ashish Arora

spendem wrote:Hi All,

I am getting following error message when I m tryi ng to FTP to another server.

Warning: FTPServer..FTP_Plug_in_1: 553 MicroReins.DAT: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

Fatal: FTPServer..FTP_Plug_in_1: Error while trying to open connection for sending data to the FTP server, FTP command STOR failed

I even changed the read acces mode of the file to chmod 777 filename but I am still getting this problem.

Do I need to change any setting options to get it ftp ied on the different server, Since when This FTP mechanism works fine when I use same serever with diffrenet directory(Path).

Many Thanks,
Spendem