Cannot edit any stages within a Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jmperezrus
Participant

Cannot edit any stages within a Job Sequence

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi everyone,

When I double click on any stage contained in a Job sequence, nothing happens. Neither it does if I select "Properties" on the right-click menu.

However, everything was OK some days ago. It's even OK if I use another PC, what makes me believe that it has to do with some file that has become corrupted in my local installation.

Any suggestions before re-installing datastage?

Cheers!
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try to free some of your RAM. Remove unwanted stuff from the system tray. Take a look at the DPI settings of your monitor and then see what happens
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi,

Thx for your reply.

I have tried what you suggest but nothing happens.

I don't think this is the problem because I have more RAM than other PCs and I do not have any other programs running...

The monitor DPI settings are "Normal", so I guess this is not the issue either...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any chance Windows Service Pack 2 was just installed on your pc? There is a patch available for that, if so.

First, though, I'd simply try reinstalling the client. It's painless and will fix any odd registration or ddl problems that may have cropped up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Thanks chulett,

I have been investigating and I have come to the conclusion that it has to do with Service Pack 2....

I know that everything would be ok if I just re-installed, but I like getting to the bottom of things :) Plus, it can get a bit annoying having to reinstall from time to time, so could you please let me know where I can get that patch you mention?

Best regards
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is available from the eServices web site. If you search the forum you will find a direct link to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi again,

I can't find the link on eServices... Can anybody tell me the ECASE ID or the link itself?

Cheers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I think any direct link on the site here may have been invalidated by IBM's recent revamp of that site. Heck, I'm not even sure I can log in there right now. Probably should contact Support and ask them directly.
-craig

rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

Hi
In my view there is some problem with .NET Framework, kindly reinstall the .Net Frame work. When you try to install a DS client , first it will check for the available .Net Framework or it will install it.
Can you specify me your OS Environment and what version of Datastage you are using.

Thanks
RK
srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srimitta »

Hi jmperezrus,

If you are running client on Widoze-XP, you need to install Patch - II which is available on Devepoler Net.
This patch - II is for specifically for DataStage Sequencer jobs.

Re-start your machine after installation, then you wil bw able to open Sequencer stages.

Goodluck :)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, the patch we have been discussing for Service Pack 2 is the one that corrects the inability to open certain stages in a Sequence job. The patch you are probably refering to is one that prevents Designer crashes when working with Sequence jobs.

Both are good to have. :wink:
-craig

jmperezrus
Participant

Post by jmperezrus »

Hi everyone,

Finally I have found the patch in ascential's page, and it works fine.

Thanks guys for your support!