Decimal To Hexadicimal

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

opdas
Participant

Decimal To Hexadicimal

Post by opdas »

Hi,
How can I convert decimal input to hexadecimal characters in a Parallel job?
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
OP
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Perhaps you can try to build your own logic of conversion using either SWITCH stage or by writing parallel routine.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Hi
As I'm new to datastage I dont know how to write a parallel routine . I tried serching the forum but couldnt get right result.
Can anybody send me correct link to the subject or guide me writting one.

Cheers
Om
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Opdas,

if you can use a BASIC transform stage you can do the conversions using OCONV and ICONV functions; but this will slow a job down - if performance is a factor then you will need to write your own c++ function.
opdas
Participant

Post by opdas »

Thanks a lot Kumar.
I did exactly the same as you have mentioned but geting some run time error which I have already posted in one more Topic "Parallel Routine"

I would really appreciate anyinput on this too.

Cheers
OP
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

And also, are you sure you have give the full path along with the object file in the file path?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'