Mainframe FTP to DSEE in AIX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zhaicaibing
Participant

Mainframe FTP to DSEE in AIX

Post by zhaicaibing »

Hi,

Our situation is Mainframe will ftp the DDS files generated by CDC to the DSEE in AIX.

Our challenge is we have to ensure the DDS files from mainframe transfer to AIX are not coroupted and fully ftped before DSEE proceed. How can I go about it? How do I tell DSEE not to proceed if FTP files are not good?

Are there any Mainframe JCL expert here can guide me how to create a file containing the filename and size? Or Are there any other methods?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Send two files - the DDS file and another "flag" file sent after it. The flag file can be empty, or contain a small amount of information. If DataStage waits for the "flag" file to appear, then the DDS file must have appeared, since its transfer was not initiated until the DDS file's transfer had been completed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
benny.lbs
Participant

Post by benny.lbs »

How about the tools "Connect:Direct". We are using it to transfer files from AIX to Mainframe, then trigger Mainframe JCL and from Mainframe to AIX, then trigger shell script to kick off the DSEE job.
ashwin141
Participant

Post by ashwin141 »

Try NDM from Mainframe to Unix Box. I guess it may help you.