Unable to save the Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodhraj
Participant

Unable to save the Job

Post by vinodhraj »

Hi,

I can't save the job when I am trying to save it and the window getting closed.
It throws the error as mentioned below.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project BaseldevLOAD
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Moreover I can't create a job of same name throwing an error that the job already exists.

Is there any way to create a job of same name.

Thanks

Vinod
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

I can't create a job of same name throwing an error that the job already exists.

Is there any way to create a job of same name
Not possible
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You have some internal corruption in your DataStage project that you need to fix before continuing with this job. Start off with the DS.TOOLS and see if the reindexing option shows any errors on any of the internal files.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Will it allow you to create new job and save in a new name?
Do you have a backup of you project.
Try to do a restart of the server and do a REINDEX as suggested.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Is this happening all the time. Sometimes it happens when you get logged out of the client or someone kills the session. I have encountered this at times when the client just remains open and no activity is performed on it for quite some time. It usually happens even when you are trying to logout a pid from director.
If this is happening every single time then its something to be worried about. If only at times, then its nothing serious. Just make sure you save your job everytime you make a change and not leave the client without any activity for too long.
My 2 cents.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This one is almost certainly an indexing problem. Get exclusive access to the project then, as the administrator (dsadm or root) execute the DS.REINDEX ALL command from the Administrator client command window.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinodhraj
Participant

Post by vinodhraj »

I have done Reindexing, but it remains the same. Whenever I am trying to open the project it says the particular job not exists.

Vinod
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you able to export the job, or it doesnot even appear in the list.
If you can do that, then import the job back and see what happens.
Sometimes this also helps indexing.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Execute the command DS.CHECKER. Note what its output tells you. Again you will need exclusive access to the project. If the job in question has been partially deleted, it will be completely deleted by this utility, and you will be able to import/restore from backup. Please post results back here.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.