Running EE job Executable in Non EE server ?????

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxr87
Premium Member
Premium Member

Running EE job Executable in Non EE server ?????

Post by pxr87 »

I heard about the concept of creating a EE Job ( 7.5 .1) in one machine and running the executable in another machine which doesn't have any datastage installed or Just run time installed. Did any body have some information on this like

1. is it possible to do that . If so How effectively it is working.? Any documentation on this ?.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

DataStage parallel jobs execute osh (Orchestrate shell) scripts. This (the osh executable) is part of DataStage and must be available in order to execute osh scripts. So must all the various libraries it calls in order to connect to data and so on.

When you run parallel jobs on a cluster (an MPP environment), at least one processing node must have DataStage installed, even thought the other machines can have just run time componentry.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Might be you are refering to the Compiler which may not be required during run time.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, you still need at least one machine with DataStage on it. That's where status gets recorded and events get logged. There is no "run time only" potential.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.