ORA-01003 Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

csrazdan
Participant

ORA-01003 Error

Post by csrazdan »

Hi All,
I have a simple PX job as follows:

Seq File ---> Remove Duplicate ---> Oracle EE stage

The write method is UPSERT. I'm running this job from SOLARIS and AIX connecting to same Oracle 10G database using 10G 32 bit client library.
On both DataStage server I'm using 10G sheared object.

The jobs runs fine on SOLARIS server but on AIX it generates a Fatal ORA-01003 Error. The error message is Open failed for insert: esql complaint: ORA-01003: no statement parsed

Would appreciate if somebody would know the reason and help me to solve this problem.

Regards,
Shekhar
Assume everything I say or do is positive
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I have never encountered that error before. But doing a google on the oracle error code returned me this
ORA-01003: no statement parsed
Cause: A host language program call referenced a cursor with no associated parsed SQL statement. A SQL call (for example, OSQL3) must be used to pass a SQL statement to Oracle and to associate the statement with an open cursor. A cursor must already have an associated SQL statement if referenced in any of the following calls: DESCRIBE, NAME, DEFINE, BIND, EXECUTE, and FETCH.
Action: Do the SQL call, for example, OSQL, to pass the required SQL statement before referencing the cursor.

That is the best i can do. Maybe some one else can jump in and help specify the problem.
Regards,
Last edited by DSguru2B on Thu May 25, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

I'm no expert on AIX, but it sound like a reference to a library or something is missing. Check your environment variables maybe?
csrazdan
Participant

Post by csrazdan »

seanc217 wrote:I'm no expert on AIX, but it sound like a reference to a library or something is missing. Check your environment variables maybe?
Thanks for your reply.

I would not think of having any problem with environment variables because SELECT and more importantly LOAD is working fine. It is only with the jobs which is having INSERT/UPDATE that is having this problem.
Assume everything I say or do is positive
krishnakumar_m16
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by krishnakumar_m16 »

Dear all,

I am facing the same issue. My Environment is AIX and Oracle 10g DB. I am getting this error when I try to insert the data using UPSERT in Oracle Enterprise Stage. The Error what I am getting is ORA-01003 ERROR. It will be better if you could suggest me a solution for it.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishnakumar.B
Krishna Kumar Bhaskaran
krishnakumar_m16
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by krishnakumar_m16 »

Dear All,

I got a solution for this problem. The solution is we have to add an Environment Variable in the Parameters Tab.
$APT_STRING_PADCHAR and give the default value as 0x0
and Run the Job. It works for me.

Regards,

Krishna Kumar.B
Krishna Kumar Bhaskaran