Using Oracle sequence as a surrogate key

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Using Oracle sequence as a surrogate key

Post by seanc217 »

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked 100 times and I am going to ask again because I have some issues... I know in past posts that it says the best way to handle using an Oracle sequence is to use the custom sql in the Oracle stage. But, I get the following error:

Oracle_Enterprise_40: Orchestrate update field 'ACCOUNT_NUMBER' is not an Orchestrate insert field. In order to use the default host array processing for insert, the Orchestrate fields for update must also be Orchestrate insert fields. This is not a requirement for insert non-host array processing. In order to select insert non-host array processing, set argument insertArraySize to 1.

If I change the insertArraySize to 1 that will diminish performance.

What would be the ideal way to load a surrogate key utilizing an Oracle sequence?

Thanks
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

I got this solved. It was because the update statement was trying to use the orchestrate field to update the sequence, which I did not want to do. Once I removed that set statement everything works good.