Testing the Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

thatiprashant
Participant

Testing the Job

Post by thatiprashant »

Can someone pls tell me the way to test the job if its working as expected or not before i can send it to testing department.

thanks
prashant
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Prashant - a job has so many possibilities that nobody here can answer your question directly. If your job specifications detail inputs, rules and outputs then you can create a test set of data (and lookups) and outputs and compare that to your job run. This is just an example of one possible test scenario.
ashwin141
Participant

Post by ashwin141 »

Hi Prashant

As Andrw mentioned there is no specific answer to your question. Though one method which I have been using is taking 5 sample records in source and doing all kind of manipulations on them and checking if its giving the desired output or not. Other methods are using queries in MS access or writing simple shell scripts. You can chose the best option based on what is comfortable and required for you. Some of stages used for debugging are Copy stage, Peek Stage.

Regards
Ashwin