Unable to initialize plug-in

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stiwari
Participant

Unable to initialize plug-in

Post by stiwari »

Hi All,

My database is DB2 and I am trying to import the tables in Table definetion through plug-in metadata but its showing Unable to initialize plug-in. What should i do to resolve this...Plz....Suggest me...

Thanks in Advance

Sumit
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Re: Unable to initialize plug-in

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Have you sourced the db2profile in dsenv and modfied the LIBPATH for db2 libs? Be aware that you must use th 32bit DB2 client libraries. DS wont work with the 64bit client.

Best regards
Klaus
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

(Hallo Klaus!)

Sumit - you really need to tell us a bit more about your problem. Did it used to work? Is it a new installation? Can you load data to or read data from DB/2 (i.e. are you certain your installation is clean)?
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Hi

This is the first installation and there were no errors during the setup. As its a fresh installation so never before i was able to view the data. To explain the scenario. When i try to import the table definition using import meta deta definitions when i click on the Db2 it gives the error of "Could Not initialize the plugins". I think some entries need to be done in dsenv file but not sure what. Can you please be a bit more eloborate in explaining what entries need to be done.

Thanks
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Stiwari,

it's a bit platform depended, but for Db2 typically you will need entries in dsenv like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/i386/cl
ient:$DSHOME/java/jre/lib/i386:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

PATH=$PATH:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:/opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/bin; export PATH

. /home/dsadm/db2profile

However, if you're using DSEE, why do you want to use the API-stage and not the enterprise stage.

For all specific configuration you really should consult the installation guide and the plugin installation guide, both supply a lot more detailed information on configuration for DS as well....

Best regards
Klaus