FTP File stage in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

FTP File stage in PX

Post by bcarlson »

I have not yet had opportunity to use the FTP stage, but I do have some questions about it.

1) Is the FTP STage equipped to do sftp (uses the ssh protocol)? We are not allowed to use standard FTP here anymore. We must use sftp.

2) Does the stage transfer data in parallel or sequentially? in other words, if we have 5 channels available for file transfer, can FTP send data over all 5 channels and 'compile' the resulting file on the target server? Or can it only send one stream to the target?

3) Does the target need any DataStage installation or libraries in order to send data to it via the FTP Stage? Or does it just look like a standard ftp process?

Thanks for the info!

Brad.
anntaylor
Participant

Post by anntaylor »

1- I am also curious about sftp. You can change the ftp command the stage uses, so give that a try and let us know.

2 - The stage is sequential. Look in the Stage\Advanced Tab.

3 - The target does not need any config. If you can connect via ftp from the command line, you can connect via the stage.